Kotlin is a relatively new programming language developed by JetBrains for modern multiplatform applications. Nowadays, Kotlin is widely used for Android development instead of Java. It is because Kotlin is safe, concise, and fun to read and write.
Our Kotlin tutorial will guide you to learn Kotlin one step at a time.
Kotlin Flow Control
- Kotlin Class and Objects
- Kotlin Constructors
- Kotlin Getters and Setters
- Kotlin Inheritance
- Kotlin Visibility Modifiers
- Kotlin Abstract Class
- Kotlin Interfaces
- Kotlin Nested and Inner Classes
- Kotlin Data Class
- Kotlin Sealed Class
- Kotlin Object
- Kotlin Companion Objects
- Kotlin Extension Function
- Kotlin Operator Overloading
About Kotlin Programming
- Open Source - The Kotlin compiler, Intellij IDEA plugin, and build tools are all open source.
- Interoperable - Kotlin is 100 percent interoperable with Java. This means all your current Java/Android code works seamlessly with Kotlin.
- Concise - Compared to Java, Kotlin code are much more concise. Also, Kotlin code is much more expressive (easier to understand and write).
- Tool-friendly - Kotlin is developed by JetBrains, the company renowned for creating development tools. You can choose any Java IDE to write Koltin code.
Why Learn Kotlin?
- Kotlin is 100 percent interoperable with Java. Hence your Java/Android code works with Kotlin.
- Kotlin allows you to cut off the lines of code by approximately 40% (compared to Java).
- Learning Kotlin is easy. It is particularly easy if you already know Java.
- Kotlin is tool-friendly. You can use any Java IDE or command line to run Kotlin.
How to learn Kotlin?
- Kotlin tutorial from Programiz - We provide step by step Kotlin tutorials and examples. Get started with Kotlin.
- Official Kotlin tutorial - Kotlin reference and Kotlin tutorial from the official site is the most reliable source to learn Kotlin.
- Write a lot of Kotlin code- The only way you can learn programming is by writing a lot of code.